Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Catching Up

Yikes - two months since my last post. But, we have been busy.
Philip put in two new batteries. Not easy. These suckers are heavy. That's why it's good to have friends in the marina who are willing to help.

 
He added fuses to the batteries also.
 
Then he added a battery selector switch and installed it to the area just below the bench in the salon for easy access.


And..... he also put in a new water pump. This is when you wish you had a really tiny friend to help. The space below the galley is really, really small. But, he did manage to get down in there.
 
 
And... put in the new water pump.
 
 
Now, I have been busy as well. Unfortunately, my project is taking me quite a bit longer and needless to say I am not through. I have taken on sewing the screen enclosures for the lower deck. I have that great Sailrite sewing machine that I have now lugged down to the boat so I can sew right there. But, I only get a little completed each time I go to the boat. Things are coming along and hopefully, I will finish .... just don't look real close at all my stitching. This has been harder than I thought!
 
 
I hang these up to check each step and then take them down. At least they run back and forth into the track at the top without any problem.
 
I am almost to zipper installation. Arghhh.
More to come.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely written article. i love to see such kind of blogs. Nice sharing.
    Rent a yacht in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Hopefully, we will get through with projects soon and get this boat to the Gulf Coast!!

    ReplyDelete