Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Adding Official Documentation and a "Fitting"

There are so many things to do to one's vessel to make sure she is legal. We have the official yearly Texas registration decal already affixed to the bow.

Yesterday, Philip added the official "Poop Sticker". Actually, this sticker certifies that you, as a boat owner, have "certified" that you have the correct sanitation device on your boat and that it is in good condition. You can be stopped by officials if you do not have this sticker displayed. So..... PD applied this sticker to the both sides of the bow of Hey Jude.

The port side was easy for him to do. The starboard side... not so much!



Now, lest you think I have been idly doing nothing except taking pictures, I have evidence that I have been making progress on sewing the enclosures for the back deck. (Remember that heavy duty sewing machine I bragged about purchasing in an earlier posting?). Well after seeing two other Manatees with enclosures that are screen only (and therefore one must have a separate set that have the "glass" windows.), we decided that's what we want. So, I started on the first panel and with crossed fingers and tried it out yesterday. I thought I'd better make sure the top of it actually fits into the little track that is installed at the top of the deck. So all I have completed is the top part of the enclosure and the screen. AND HOORAY!!!  It fits! It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but if you squint, you can see the screen.



Now. I have to rewatch those instructional videos again from Sailrite and tackle zippers on each side and fasteners at the bottom and do the wole thing six more times!!


No comments:

Post a Comment