Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Update

It's not that things haven't been happening and therefore I haven't posted. Many of those things had nothing to do with Hey Jude, just with life in general. And that would take too long to write about! But as for our future adventure and the vehicle to get us there....

My birthday was in November and I asked for and received a sewing machine. Yes, I already own two others, but this one will enable me to sew the enclosures and other items for the boat. We had a bad experience with the business that sewed our enclosures for Bon Dia and did not want to go through that again. Plus, this would be cheaper  (as long as I am successful with the finished products). So I was given beautiful little red Sailrite Ultrafeed LS-1 machine. Here is the link from the Sailrite company:

 http://www.sailrite.com/Ultrafeed-LS-1-Sewing-Machine-Straight-Stitch-Walking-Foot

Now, because I sew a lot of things for Christmas presents, that had to be done first, so I have only started on one small project using the new machine. BUT.... more to come right after the holidays.
I will add one more thing - the Sailrite folks are great. They will get on the phone with you and give you the pros and cons of which machine to buy to meet your needs. They will talk to you about measurements so you order just the right amount of fabric (which is expensive). They have tons of free video downloads to help with projects as well as DVD's you can buy. I will post more as I get more machine time.

No comments:

Post a Comment